[mythtvnz] New Video Decode and Presentation API

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Tue Nov 18 06:27:31 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 16:56 +1300, Steven Ellis wrote:

> > > No difference in performance or do you still have the same build
> > > issues?
> > Build issue.
>

> Might be worth looking at the guide on this thread. It is Ubuntu
> specific but should provide a guide.

> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6194728&postcount=32

Followed this guide on my 8.04 desktop (8600GT, E6550 CPU), and it built
okay.

First problem is the their patched mplayer hates .mkv containers, and
just bails with an odd error.

However, extracting raw h264 video from .mkv containers shows some
truely impressive gains. mplayer goes from 90% CPU (of 200%) to 2% CPU
on a few samples I've tried out.

It's early days, but it looks good.

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>