[mythtvnz] Fwd: [mythtv] New Video Decode and Presentation API

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Nov 16 03:27:12 GMT 2008

On 15/11/2008, at 10:16 AM, Steven Ellis wrote:

> On 15/11/2008, at 10:05 AM, Hadley Rich wrote:
>
>> Thought the list may be interested in this;
>
> Wow.. Almost fell off my chair.
>
> Sadly only 8 + 9 series chips for now, but it is a real start, and
> about time too.
>
> Just shows what reaction ATI/AMD and Intel's recent similar
> announcements can cause.

Not a lot of traffic about this on the MythTV-dev list yet, but a
couple of other sites have picked up on it.

I've put the announcement up at mythtv.co.nz and phoronix have already
benchmarked the code - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_vdpau&num=1

Most of the discussions are currently on NVNews forums

     * http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Still a bit early, but appears to be excellent news for HTPC and
MythTV users.

So does anyone on list have a card they can do some testing against. I
don't have anything with 8xxx or 9xxx generation HW at present.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz