[mythtvnz] Multiple Tuners (DVB-S & Analog)

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:40:26 GMT 2008

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response.  As you suggest, I
can indeed switch directly to the channel when using the number keys.

Maybe I did not quite explain my issue properly so here another try. I
remember seeing a website (which I cannot find anymore of course), which
talks a bout setting the channel Name, number and callsign to the same value
(on different sources) and use the priority setting to select which tuner
should be used first if that channel is selected. If then i.e. changing to
"1" (TVOne) MythTV will then automatically use the the tuner with the
highest priority (which in my case is DVB-S). This does not work for me
though as I still need to use 'y' to swapp between sources.

So maybe I thought there was a functionality which does not exist. I'll have
a look at the suggested Ubuntu patch but as I'm running Suse I do not have
too much faith in that one.

Thanks for the suggestions though..

J.