[mythtvnz] Multiple Tuners (DVB-S & Analog)

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:18:31 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I've been on this list for a while now, with the occasional post but since
it has been a while, here are re-hello.

I've been using MythTV for a few years now and has since gained a firm spot
in our flat config :) Initially it was received as "whatever" by my
flatties, but now they are pretty much relying on it, and live TV is a thing
of the past.. Recordings are pretty expected to happen automatically, even
to the extent that MythTV gets blamed for not recording something that did
not even air ;)

Also, it's been rocksolid for me. Occasionally the backend seems to crap out
but if it happens once a month it's a lot. :) Running on a $400 PC I once
bought on trademe to "test it out". (P4 1.8G Dell..)

So I have 2 tuner cards, a Nova-S and a PVR150. All working fine, but I have
never managed to set them up so that Myth automatically chooses between
tuners. I.e. when watching DVB-S, I need to change the input to the Analog
tuner before I can see Prime, or Juice in the channel list (i.e. selecting
Menu -> Switch Input, or hit 'Y'). It has never bothered me too much, but
the flatties don't like it..

I tried naming them the same, same channel ID, callsign etc, but no luck. It
must be sooo easy as I can't even find a howto of it but no matter what I
try I can't get it going.

If anyone can point me into the right direction that would be great.

Cheers,
Johan.