No subject

Sun May 18 21:23:12 BST 2008

need to get the diseqc port selected correctly as well as the High/Low
band selection.<br>
Universal LNBs generally use 22khz switching to select between High and
Low bands (high being 22khz on and low being 22khz off) <br>
As all the transponders available in NZ are in the high band range you
should be selecting 22khz on for both D1 and D2 transponders.<br>
STBs will generally automagically do the High/Low band selection for
you ( and most wont allow you to select 22khz switching when you have a
universal LNB installed)<br>
Hope this helps.<br>
Craig Mckenna<br>
Johan Schuld wrote:
 cite="mid:51d84c760806190428j535fafd5gd0a6db9a3910ac6b at mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">Hi All,<br>
Recently I decided I also wanted to watch some channels on Optus D2, so
did some research and decided to go for a Dual-LNB setup, which
apparently works with a standard sky dish (receive D1 and D2 without a
motor). See <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="http://www.ultrapower.co.nz/dual_ku_band_lnbf.html">http://www.ultrapower.co.nz/dual_ku_band_lnbf.html</a>.
The guy sells them for $39 incl posting (Akl). It's a Zinwell multi
Universal Ku band LNBF using Diseqc for switching between LNB.<br>
So I've installed one, It works although I have quite poor reception on
D2 though.<br>
I have initially connected it to a FTA STB I had lying around as it
gives better signal strength info. So with that box I've confirmed my
dish is working.<br>
I have problems with getting it to work in MythTV though (I had it
working fine with my Standard sky dish LNB). In the Diseqc setup menu
of mythttv setup I've removed my exising LNB and added a "Switch", with
2 ports. Each of these ports having a "LNB" underneath them configured
to be "Universal (Europe)". The frequencies correspond with the one of
the LNB.<br>
When searching for channels I get no result though, none for D1 and
none for D2, I've tried multiple combnations (trying freeview
transponder frequencies on D2 and D1) just to check if somehow the
diseqc switching is not done properly.<br>
I took one step back and used "dvbtune" and "scan" with mixed result.
scan had no luck at all, but dvbtune does get a lock on freeview. I am
not sure which one is "lower level" though.<br>
Does someone have a similar setup working? I have the feeling it's the
Diseqc switching as I see quite a few reports on internet forums with
problems.<br>
See here my dvbtune output, any hints welcome.<br>
innopvr:~ # dvbtune -f 12456 -s 22500 -p h -D 1<br>
Using DVB card "Conexant CX24123/CX24109", freq=12456<br>
tuning DVB-S to Freq: 1856000, Pol:H Srate=22500000, 22kHz tone=off,
LNB: 1<br>
DISEQC SETTING SUCCEDED<br>
Getting frontend status<br>
Event:&nbsp; Frequency: 12456000<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SymbolRate: 22500000<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FEC_inner:&nbsp; 3<br>
Bit error rate: 0<br>
Signal strength: 63744<br>
SNR: 65284<br>
FE_STATUS:<br>
&nbsp;tuning DVB-S to Freq: 1883000, Pol:H Srate=22500000, 22kHz tone=off,
LNB: 1<br>
DISEQC SETTING SUCCEDED<br>
Getting frontend status<br>
Event:&nbsp; Frequency: 12483000<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SymbolRate: 22500000<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FEC_inner:&nbsp; 3<br>
Bit error rate: 0<br>
Signal strength: 63744<br>
SNR: 64330<br>
FE_STATUS:<br>
vbstream -f 12483 -s 22500 -p h -D 1 -v 1920 | mplayer<br>
Cheers,<br>
Johan Schuld<br>
  <pre wrap="">
<hr size="4" width="90%">