[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 27 04:09:49 BST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 2:42 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 27 May 2008 14:16:33 Nick Rout wrote:
>>> Can you step me through that please? I can't see anywhere in
>>> mythtv-setup to put it in what program to use for the download. In the
>>> video sources screen there is something about the grabber but it seems
>>> to be restricted to schedules direct ot eit?
>>>
>>> I guess I need to know how to install (just put it in $PATH? and chmod
>>> +x ?) and then integration with mythtv-setup.
>>
>> Sounds like you might not have xmltv installed? That's needed for
>> mythtv-setup
>> to find the grabbers (even ones that aren't in xmltv itself).
>
> Yes that seems to be the case. Why would mythbuntu not include xmltv?

It does, but it is an option in the installer that you have to select.

Under page 13 Additional Drivers you need to select XMLTV

>> I wrote a mini howto here (which I couldn't easily find with Google for
>> some
>> reason);
>>
>> http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/mythtvnz/2007-September/003432.html
>>
>> See if that helps.
>>
>> hads
>
> Thanks, theres a job for this evening.
>
> And for posterity and those who prefer the other archive:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/290834

Hads - Do you mind if I host a copy of this at http://www.mythtv.co.nz. I
can then assign you as the owner/editor.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz