[mythtvnz] 0.21 multirec - why is one card inaccessible?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:31:51 BST 2008

I have two skystar II devices which bth work fine using dvbstream/dvtune etc.

I have set them both up for multirec in mythbuntu 8.04 with myth 0.21.
Trouble is one card doesn't seem to be visible to myth:

1. pressing C during livetv is supposed to switch to the other card,
but it doesn't.

2. although i can record three channels successfully on the same mux,
anything scheduled at the same time on the other mux fails with
"recorder failed" (according to the "Previously Recorded" screen in
frontend.

3. if I am watching livetv on, say, tv1 on one fontend, I can watch
the other frontend but it won't switch to any channel on the other
mux.

I have checked and rechecked the settings in myth-setup and nothing
seems wrong, although I am unsure about:

1. what "input groups" really do and how they should be set. Why are
two of them set per input connection and does it matter what the
second one is?

2. whether it is correct to have only one video source (called
freeview) which both cards map to in "input connections"

Nick
(confused)