[mythtvnz] X is shifted to the left - best way to fix?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun May 25 22:15:29 BST 2008

I have a Panasonic TX-32LX500A which under knoppmyth was running at 1024x768.

mythbuntu runs it at a higher resolution (nice) but offsets the
picture to the left about 20-40 pixels so that there is a bit missing
off the left hand side of the picture and a black vertical stripe on
the right hand side of the screen. Its enough to hide some of the
option check-boxes on the mythtv-setup screens. Annoying.

Whats the best way to fix this? I remember an old app called xvidtune,
is it the way to go? Or do I manually play with xorg.conf?

The video card is an intel and is connected via VGA, if thats any help.