[mythtvnz] New to Myth TV and would like your opinion

Sam Banks dodgywhitemaori at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:15:31 BST 2008

Can recommend Mythdora as a distro with 0.21 that automatically works with
multirec and worked with my remote with virtually no configuration.

Sam

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Nick & Ann Read <nick.read at engineer.com>
wrote:

>  Nick & Ann Read wrote:
>
> Arjan Harre wrote:
>

>  Just one question remains
>
> Which Distro?
>
> I have some experience with Knoppix and Fedora but that was a long time
> ago.
> Which Distro is best suited to beginners?
>

>  For a dedicated Myth box not being used for other apps or as a desktop,
> the current favorites as easy to build, all in one distros seem to be
> KnoppMyth or Mythbuntu. I have used the former since starting 2.5 years
> ago, but have no experience with the latter.
>
>  I should also mention that the current Knoppmyth release does not (yet)
> have Myth 0.21, although it is pretty close. Mythbuntu may be more up to
> date.

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
account be allowed to do the job.
- Douglas Adams