[mythtvnz] DVB-T working in NZ

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Sat May 17 01:49:41 BST 2008

On Saturday 17 May 2008 11:55:38 Douglas Pearless wrote:
> How is this progressing?
> I cannot wait to see it part of mythtv proper...
> Cheers Douglas.
>
> Steven Ellis wrote:
> >>
> >> Sure thing. It'll be a massive patch though, as I upgraded ffmpeg.
> >> Perhaps a better strategy would be a patch to certain revision of ffmpeg
> >> and a
> >> patch to mythtv. This is basically how I built it here.
> >
> > Yes that would be the best way to proceed. I was going to take a look at
> > your code to try and do the same myself, but you will probably know your
> > own changes a lot better.

> >> I want to tidy it up a bit as it's C++ currently and the rest of ffmpeg
> >> is C.
> >> I don't think they would accept that. Also, it would be better to use
> >> the ffmpeg bit manipulation functions rather than the C++ doing the same
> >> basic thing. Perhaps I could then share some of that code to do a proper
> >> AAC-LATM
> >> parser for ffmpeg as well.
> >
> > Yeah they don't accept C++ patches I'm afraid. If you can split the
> > FFMPEG patch out I might be able to help out on the re-factoring to C.
> >
> > Steve

Slowly, but surely.
I am waiting to talk to janneg from MythTV as he is the maintainer of the
patches to ffmpeg in myth. Once I have talked to him I will have a better
idea of how I should proceed.

You can always download the patches from my site and build it yourself.
http://pkendall.homeip.net

Bear in mind that there are problems with the interlaced channels i.e. lots of
motion artifacts. The 720p channels look real nice. Also, there is a lag
between the video and audio of 0.5 seconds. I need to figure out how to fix
this as well.

Cheers,
Paul