[mythtvnz] mythtv crashes attempting to play recording, live tv and mythvideo on remote frontend

Duncan Kennington duncan.kennington at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:47:08 BST 2008

2008/5/12 Rama Madhusudhan <mrama at orcon.net.nz>:
> I tried playing mythvideos and recordings via mplayer and xine it all
> worked well but not in mythtv. I am starting to think its not a file or
> video problem, any further suggestions?

Perhaps try specifying the player for *.AVI as "Internal" (has to have
a capital i for whatever reason) and see if they still work.

It sounds like the internal player is trying to access a library or
something that's either not present or incompatible and it's not
coping nicely with it.

Another possibility is a corrupt OSD - try specifying a different one.
 Long shot, but easy to test...