[mythtvnz] mythtv crashes attempting to play recording, live tv and mythvideo on remote frontend

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:45:09 BST 2008

seg faults are often a result of libraries being wrong, ie a new
verion of the main program has been compiled against a library not
present on your system.

try running mythfrontend through strace, like:

strace mythfrontend

this will produce screeds of output, but somewhere near the end it
might show what it was doing at the time of the segfault.