[mythtvnz] mythtv crashes attempting to play recording, live tv and mythvideo on remote frontend

Duncan Kennington duncan.kennington at gmail.com
Mon May 12 02:05:36 BST 2008

2008/5/12 Rama Madhusudhan <mrama at orcon.net.nz>:
> Thanks for the suggestion Guy.  I don't have an nvidia graphics card and
> don't have the drivers installed.  I have uninstalled any glx packages as
> well.
>
> I also checked the playback profiles and ensured that they are set to
> standard and not xvmc.  Still no go.  Any other suggestions to look into?

Perhaps try using mplayer to play one of your recordings directly (you
may have to mount your backend's drive by NFS).  See if it's a problem
with video playback in general, or just with the way Myth does it.

A little grasping at straws, but it would probably be the next thing I'd try.

Also, can MythVideo play anything (AVI DivX files and the like)?