[mythtvnz] Rig Recommendations

Sam Banks dodgywhitemaori at gmail.com
Tue May 6 01:41:04 BST 2008

Hi Guys

I am about to build a new Mythtv rig, to accomodate for the fact that
multirec now works so well (and some of my arcade games are struggling a
bit) and would appreciate any advice/experience regarding hardware.

Heres the gear I have decided on:

1tb Sata drive

4gb Ram

Technotrend S-1401 DVB-S Card

I am leaning towards a shuttle case as space is at a premium, any pro's or
cons here cooling or otherwise? Any other case recommendations?

I am leaning towards an Intel quad core due to personal preference but would
consider AMD if there was an advantage there.

I want this to be silent! That is one of the prime objectives, aside from
power of course.

Cheers

Sam

--
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys.