[mythtvnz] DVB-T and linux

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Mar 31 10:46:22 BST 2008

On Mon, March 31, 2008 8:40 pm, Craig Whitmore wrote:
> I noticed that interlaced H264 is now in ffmpeg so viewing the NZ stuff
> should be alot easier.
>
> I tried patching h264.c with the changes and it seems to work alot
> better.. I can watch TV1+2 +6+7(Video) are are near 95% perfect and the
> other channels work alot better (but not 100% yet, but it may be because
> I have crap reception or didn't apply all patches).
>
> Just to patch for the HEC-AAC and get audio now.. + try mplayer with all
> the proper patches
>
> Thanks

What SVN release are you patching against as I've still got issues with
the latest release (12642).

The 720p channels are fine, but all of the interlaced channels still have
issues. This keep getting raised on the ffmpeg mailing list as it affects
quite a number of video sources aside from NZ + Norway DVB-T
transmissions.

Sadly at the moment no one fully understands how to fix it or has the time
to investigate.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz