[mythtvnz] Article on MythTV and Power Saving

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Mar 9 05:30:31 GMT 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:32:49 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Big thank you to Kenneth for his informative article on saving power even
> thought you want your MythTV box to be up 24/7.

Interesting article thanks Kenneth. Just a note that your link to DSE has a
session ID in the URL, this is a better URL;

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/M7319

Along the same lines, if you're interested in power management, the
currentcost unit is fun and useful;

http://www.currentcost.com/

It's also got a USB port which I haven't figured out the protocol to use with
Linux as yet but it's still useful on it's own.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware