[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 released

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sat Mar 8 21:26:36 GMT 2008

On Sun, March 9, 2008 10:13 am, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> MythTV 0.21 has just (really just) been released. There are some great
> improvements over the 0.20 release. Some of my favourites are;
>
> The watch list group in recordings screen (very useful), this shows a list
> of
> recordings that you probably want to watch until you mark them as watched
> and
> they drop off.
>
> Storage groups - really convinient and simpler to setup than LVM. You can
> shift recordings around between groups and the backend will still be able
> find them.
>
> Ability to use any XMLTV compliant grabberr (which was recently backported
> 0.20.2). This means we get to use mythfilldatabase just like countries
> with
> grabbers included in XMLTV.
>
> There are many many other features and enhancements, more details here;
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.21

All great news

> Beware that Mysql 5 is required in case your distro hasn't updated yet.

This is going to be a bit of an issue for myPVR as we currently use 4.0.22.

One other issue with 0.21 is educating customers on the newer features.
Whilst multirec and recording groups add a lot of great power, they are
also quite confusing to Mom + Pop consumers.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz