[mythtvnz] EPG-only mapping

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:30:45 BST 2008

Hey like many others here I am hanging out for full DVB-T support in
MythTV, I am currently using MediaPortal so as to get digital TV as all
the patching required for Myth NZ DVB-T is beyond me.

However my point is there is a particular feature of MediaPortal I would
like to see in Myth (AFAIK it isn't), EPG-only mapping. An explanation
is on the MediaPortal wiki,
<http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Country_Specific_Informations/NewZealand/SkyEPG>
basically it means a DVB-S card by be mapped to source for only the
guide data, myth will not try and record off the -S card. This has
multiple uses; getting Sky data (or even just Prime data for analogue
reception) off the Sky satellite or getting Freeview guide data from
DVB-S (which has an 8 day guide rather than the Now/Next on DVB-T)
whilst actually using DVB-T for HD channels. As you can see this would
be pretty handy, particularly until myth can read the MHEG stream on DVB-T.

So does anyone know if this feature is available, or has been looked?
Could it be 'hacked 'in, or could someone in the NZ community look at
adding the feature official myth? Should this be taken up with higher
authorities (i.e. the main myth list)? I would love to have this feature
when I go back to myth to provide a reliable alternative to xmlTVNZ
(nothing against Reven he does a great job, but he relies on the TV
websites and lack of attention from authorities), what do you guys think?

Andrew