[mythtvnz] Hardy updates breaks schedule

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Jun 30 01:52:50 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> This does seem to support the first rule of mythtv maintenance:
>
> "Do not mess with a system that is running well"

... which is good advice, but updates come down from Ubuntu almost every
day. What's a security conscious guy gonna do?

Barry are you sure it was the update that stopped the database running? What
would you do differently next time? (And I doubt anybody minds you posting
your own replies; I for one have been following you intently, being about to
run an upgrade.)

- David