[mythtvnz] [OT] good value DVI-HDMI connector

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Wed Jun 25 23:59:14 BST 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> A little OT sorry (although there is an obvious connection)
>
> Does anyone know of a source of reasonable quality, reasonable price,
> DVI to HDMI connector?
>
> In my low profile case I want to put in a low profile nVidia card, but
> going with the low profile backplane leaves me only with DVI
> (presently using VGA with the onboard intel graphics).
>
> I have seen silly prices for HDMI and related cables. So I am looking
> for someone who has been there and done that :-)

I've used a Belkin DVI to HDMI and also HDMI to DVI adaptors.  Depends
on what type of cable you have currently.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=200514
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=195672

The RRP is $40 but if you know the right people it should be more like
$20-25

Or you can go all out and get a DVI to HDMI cable (RRP $110, but can be
had for like $55-60)
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=388822

  - Wade