[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 8.04 Issues - Out of the box

Ashley Kirk ash at pcx.co.nz
Mon Jun 23 22:36:05 BST 2008

Hi

First off, thanks Hads for the tip on repairing the mythconverge
database. Unfortunately I had forged ahead in the inbetween day and
decided to do a reload fresh of Mythbuntu 804.

I have now reloaded twice from the Alternate Mythbuntu 804 cd (doing a
fresh install) and have had the same problem twice...

Basically, when you start the Backend setup (I have front and backends
on the same box) it claims in cannot find the database or connect to it.
I have checked in the Mythbuntu Control Centre and it appears like MYSQL
isnt installed by default - is this correct? Shouldnt it just work 'out
of the box'? Im not sure if I am doing something wrong.. I am just
installing with defaults

Can anyone advise if they have had this issue? I cant see what Im doing
wrong. I have tried applying ubuntu updates, enabling mysql in the
control centre, fiddling with ports (6546) and logins on the database
setup screen in the backend setup etc

7.10 didnt seem this hard to get going...

Maybe im missing something?

Also, the account that is created during setup is forcing me to login,
it isnt automatically logging on and starting the frontend like 7.10 did...

Thanks!!!

Ashley