[mythtvnz] New LCD Screen

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jun 23 05:54:57 BST 2008

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 3)  The X series reviews have slammed it for SD upscaling performance,
>> saying that it looks worse for SD content than old CRT sets.  Do any V
>> Series owners have SD upscaling comments?
>>

> Why would you be using the TV's upscaling? You should be driving it at
> 720p
> and letting Myth do the upscaling.

As noted in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/338213
I've tried to get MythTV to display 720p but not had any luck.

Can anyone provide any pointers on where I go from here or do I just give
up on the Epia hardware after 3 years good service and go for an
integrated graphics miniATX m/b of fsome sort...

--
Robin Gilks