[mythtvnz] Problem auto starting irexec.

Phillip Baird phillip.baird at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 10:11:16 BST 2008

I've just upgraded by Mythbuntu install to 8.04 and in the process broke
my remote control setup.  Probably due to rushing it to avoid WAF
meltdown. ;-p
Anyway, the remote's pretty much fixed but I start the Myth front end
using the remote's power button and this isn't working because I  cannot
get irexec to run at startup.  Can someone review what I've done and
point out the error of my ways?

1. have created /etc/init.d/irexec  which does a /usr/bin/irexec
--daemon &   Running /etc/init.d/irexec from the terminal and the
remote's power button works as expected.  So I know the script is ok.

2. used... update-rc.d irexec defaults 90 to setup the script to run at
startup.  This appears to have setup the required links.

Rebooted but the irexec isn't started.  Not sure what I've done wrong.

Any ideas what's wrong or maybe there's an easier way to get irexec to
autostart?

thanks

/PhilB