[mythtvnz] Using Universal Multi-LNB (D1 & D2)

Craig Mckenna mythlist at mckenna.net.nz
Fri Jun 20 02:38:38 BST 2008

Hi Johan,

 From looking at the Documentation on Ultrapower's web site you will
need to get the diseqc port selected correctly as well as the High/Low
band selection.

Universal LNBs generally use 22khz switching to select between High and
Low bands (high being 22khz on and low being 22khz off)

As all the transponders available in NZ are in the high band range you
should be selecting 22khz on for both D1 and D2 transponders.

STBs will generally automagically do the High/Low band selection for you
( and most wont allow you to select 22khz switching when you have a
universal LNB installed)

Hope this helps.

Craig Mckenna