[mythtvnz] New Amplifier

Arjan Harre harreclan at clear.net.nz
Wed Jun 18 10:45:23 BST 2008

Hi

I have a now 5 or 6 year old NAD 5.1 .... quite frankly its sounds
great. Crisp, clean and just right for me. I am absolutely positive
there are better systems out there but this one suits me. A friend of
mine has recently installed the latest and greatest Sony but to me it
sounded like the sound was attacking me rather than tickling my ears. It
might be that he has a tiny lounge and the system is quite frankly huge
and that it might sound a lot better in a different enviroment but I
just didnt like it.

One thing that might be worth trying is going to some of the higher end
shops and getting them to let you try one in your house for a weekend.
The shop I bought the NAD of brought me three to try before I bought.
That way you could really put it through the wringer before forking out
for something that might not suit you at all. Having said that, whatever
you buy will be out of date about 3 minutes after you hand over your
credit card. Get the amp that suits you right now, do not pay too much
attention to what might or might not happen in the future.

Thats just my opinion.

Arjan