[mythtvnz] MythTV-NZ Recommended Hardware List

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:07:10 BST 2008

Hi.

I'm another person that has joined but not introduced myself. Jonathan
Hoskin/Auckland/Linux Sysadmin/Virtualisation and Hosted Service
Provider. Just picked up Myth recently to get conversant with DVB-T
and HD, etc. Has been a pleasant waste of a bit of spare time so far.

I bought a Nova T 500 HD and have used it under MythBuntu 8.04/MythTV
0.21. OTA EPG just worked, and recording worked fine every time I
tried. The included IR remote had a few buttons that worked out of the
box.

Obviously couldn't get playback under Linux (the AAC thing), but was
able to do playback of Myth recordings on my Windows box, using
MythWeb and the PowerDVD codecs.

P.S. I also tried UPnP streaming to my PS3, but it doesn't understand
the AAC codec either. Video previews worked fine on it however.