[mythtvnz] Hi to the list, Here is my Mythtv Setup ..

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:28:21 BST 2008

>Adding drives is supposed to be really easy with the new storage groups
part of mythtv 0.21

>However you might also want to move all your recordings to the new raid and
get rid of the old drive, or use >it purely for OS.  Still fairly easy to
do.

Thanks for that Criggie, I had a look at the new storage groups, that does
help with multiple drives but doesn't give me the redundancy that a RAID5
gives me. However, RAID5 is not the ideal answer either because when their
is an unclean shutdown of any sort, the array takes a long time to
re-initialize (it has to check every sector of every drive, however it does
do it in the background taking some % of CPU time).

As mentioned above, I do have the OS on a separate drive. In the interim, I
may use the storage groups to add an additional drive and backup what I need
to the "OS" drive like I am doing now  (I am not interested in backing up
any recordings at this stage, though I do backup the database from time to
time..)

Cheers,
B M