[mythtvnz] MythTV-NZ Recommended Hardware List

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Jun 14 23:00:34 BST 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:12:31 Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> - whether it works with NZ digital TV (only really relevant to tuners
> and, to a limited degree, video cards (acceleration etc.));

This is something that comes up quite a lot. As long as the tuner card is well
supported with stable drivers in the kernel then there isn't an issue.

It's up to the software to support whatever is broadcast in NZ, the card
itself doesn't care either way as it just passes the data on.

Note that I'm only talking about "budget" cards as these are mostly what are
used these days.

So again in this instance all it really comes down to is; what cards are
available easily locally with well supported drivers. Or, the inverse, if
there are cards available locally that aren't supported or have bugs in the
driver implementation that's possibly worth mentioning too.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware