[mythtvnz] MythTV-NZ Recommended Hardware List

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Jun 10 11:23:00 BST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:27:54 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Graphics - latest NVidia or ATI on board should be sufficient, it
> basically comes down to connectivity.

If I was building a new box these days I would probably go with an Intel
graphics chipset - they have come a long way and the openness of the drivers
is a welcome change.

Second to that choice would be Nvidia as their performance is always
impressive even if their drivers are closed.

I hear that the ATI drivers have come a long way lately although I still see
loads of people having issues and switching to some other platform.

> Big trick is to watch fans and cooling which is why we used Energy
> Efficient CPUs

This is the reason that I prefer the Intel Core series presently as they seem
to offer more performance for less power and heat, and following on from
those, noise.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware