[mythtvnz] OT connecting to sat dishes to one receiver

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:32:44 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com> wrote:
> Well not QUITE that simple - but pretty close.
>
> You could go for one of the DiSEqC switches but the ones which allow
> multiple receivers are pretty expensive.
> EMP E154-AP $160  http://www.toroidal.co.nz/pricing.html
>
> If you're after Sky (Horizontal Pol on Optus D1) and  only channels on
> Vertical  Pol on  Optus D2 (was B3)  then you could get away with a bit
> of a cheaper option.
> $45
> http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/input-output-satellite-multiswitch-p-51.html
>
> Feel free to email me off line with the exact channels they want and
> I'll let you know if it will work for you.

Perhaps i was unclear. The idea (if it will work) is to have two
dishes and ONE receiver (assuming their DVB-S box will get freeview -
it should!). Your answer seems to imply that I was after a setup with
two receivers and two dishes.

So if its just one receiver, will this do the trick?

http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/satellite-diseqc-switch-p-52.html