[mythtvnz] Which HD TV to buy - suggestions please?

Phill Coxon phill at getresults.co.nz
Wed Jul 30 00:53:27 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 11:40 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:

> OT but a friend bought a surround sound system there for $899, and
> they foisted $349 of cables on her! She took the cables back, got her
> cash back and went to Jaycar, got the cables for less than half that
> price.

The old Monster audio cables at $120-$400 are soooooooooo much better
than cheap $15 cables elsewhere rubbish huh?

Such a marketing scam.

Some great links:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/field-notes/the-truth-about-monster-cable-266616.php

Read the Monster propaganda in the main article and then the comments
for a real education.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/long-hdmi-cable-bench-tests/hdmi-cable-testing-results

>From the research I've done it seems that if you want really high
quality cables at a *fraction* of the price of Monster Cables then
www.monoprice.com is highly recommended.