[mythtvnz] Auto expire order reversed!

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Wed Jul 30 00:08:50 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:38 +1200, Wade Maxfield wrote:
> Barry Clearwater wrote:
> > It was lowest priority first.
> > Thanks Wade, I'm going to try oldest first.  Or would you care to make
> > suggestions?
> >

> I don't have Auto-expire set to do much on my machine (people are
> trained to keep used space under 60%), so I don't have any real
> suggestions, but, I'd try out the Weighted Priority/Time setting to see
> how it goes.  It's a new feature of 0.21 so I'd expect it to be of some
> use since it was recently added.  8)

I've always stuck with expire oldest, since it makes no sense to release
any more space than is required to support new recordings. There's a few
very often recording items (News primarily) that are time-sensitive
which have their own expire rules, but everything else is kept as long
as there is disk.

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/