[mythtvnz] Which HD TV to buy - suggestions please?

Phill Coxon phill at getresults.co.nz
Sun Jul 27 06:46:50 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've decided it's time to upgrade to a decent HDTV and would like some
suggestions on features that I need to look for to hook up with the
mythtv box I'm almost done building.

What specific features should I be looking for?

i.e.:

* Full HD 1080P
* 30,000+ Dynamic Contrast
* 5ms response
* PC input

What recommendations do you have as far as  brands & models?

I'm looking at the latest Harvey Norman catalogue and there is a huge
range of HD TVs to choose from.

There's a 42" LG with 1080P, 5ms & 30,000:1 dynamic contrast.  Is it
worth spending the extra $488 to get the 4ms, 50,000:1 dynamic contrast
or is it mostly marketing hype?

Any suggestions you have would be great.

Thanks!

Phill