[mythtvnz] Asus EN7200GS/HTD/256M

Jeremy Lamb nzlamb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 02:39:04 BST 2008

Howdy folks,

Does anyone here have experience with the Asus EN7200GS/HTD/256M video card?
They seem to be insanely cheap via the likes of Ascent and such at the
moment.

The need comes about as I'd like a passive-cooled, low-profile card for my
Myth box that features component output. Can anyone here confirm that it is
actually low-profile? I can't seem to find any concrete information about
it.

The other option, provided the rumours about Gallium3D bringing in
hardware-accelerated decoding are true, is to get something based around the
8500GT. They are a bit pricier at the moment, is this perhaps a waste of
time this early in the piece?

Cheers,
Jeremy