[mythtvnz] Problems with PVR Analog and DVB-S Cards

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 07:50:13 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:11 PM, David Lowe <david at thistledown.co.nz> wrote:

> When I go to live TV, it always defaults to the analogue card first (which
> is connected to the sky STB). This can be a nuisance because I have my STB
> wired to transmit to two rooms and going to live TV changes the channel to
> the starting channel, much to the annoyance of the person watching sky in
> another room (and usually results in reduced waf). It would make life easier
> for me if live TV just went to the DVB card by default.
>
> Is this possible? Is it to do with the order that the cards were physically
> installed?

I believe it is due to the order the cards where added in mythtv-setup.
You'll need to check the docs - I'm pretty sure it's covered in there, but
ISTR that it uses the card with the lowest id first (i.e. the card that was
added first). So you'd need to remove all the cards and add them again.
That's not actually too bad because you don't need to remove the inputs or
the channels.

I think the setting that Duncan mentioned reverses the order in which Myth
chooses live tv tuners. So that might work for you - try it first.

Cheers,