[mythtvnz] DSE PVR

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Thu Jul 17 00:36:39 BST 2008

2008/7/17 matthew pearce <pearce.mg at gmail.com>:

> There is a PVR I saw in a Dick Smith catalogue.
> It is a "DSE 250GB HDD DVD recorder".
> DR620
> G 3053
>
> I was wondering whether it would be possible to get one of these and
> install mythtv on it.
> Is this possible?
> If so how would you do it?

I personally would wait until one comes out that supports freeview. This
model won't include an EPG (which to me is an essential part a PVR),
channels in widescreen (or HD), or the freeview only channels. I imagine
that Dickies are selling these out the door as quick as possible to bring in
PVRs that have freeview|HD tuners built in.

Nearly all (maybe all?) PVRs in Australia now have digital tuners
(admittedly we've had digital tv since 2001 though).

  -- simon