[mythtvnz] DVB-T MythTV patches

Roger Henderson unicorn at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jul 8 03:05:18 BST 2008

Thanks for the tip, I have libfaad installed so I don't think thats it.

I thought that the missing reference was to the new decoder that Paul had
written - so when I couldn't find it in the source my first thought was
that a patch was missing... But if you have it working and have audio then
I'm stumped again :-)

Cheers,
Roger

> FYI I just got these patches to work against mythtv svn :-)
>
> Perhaps you don't have libfaad on your system. I have:
>
> *  media-libs/faad2
>        Latest version available: 2.6.1-r1
>        Latest version installed: 2.6.1-r1
>        Size of files: 819 kB
>        Homepage:      http://www.audiocoding.com/
>

> Big Thanks to Paul for this work!!
>
> Carey
>

> Quoting Roger Henderson <unicorn at ihug.co.nz>:
>
>> I've been trying the patches posted here:
>>
>> http://pkendall.homeip.net/?page_id=8
>>
>> Firstly, the download link for the combined patch seems to be broken:
>> http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=6
>>
>> However, I've downloaded and patched ffmpeg and mythtv-fixes,
>> and copied the following directories into mythtv libs:
>> libavutil
>> libavformat
>> libavcodec
>> libpostproc
>> libswscale
>>
>> I removed the Makefiles from the directories before copying.
>>
>> Configured using:
>>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --libdir=/usr/local/lib
>> --libdir-name=/usr/lib --enable-opengl-video --enable-audio-alsa
>> --enable-xvmc --enable-mmx --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaac
>> --disable-dvdv --disable-backend --extra-cflags="-fPIC -DPIC"
>>
>> Then built, but I'm stuck on this error:
>>
>> ../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.21.so: undefined reference to
>> `aac_latm_decoder'
>>
>> Any help appreciated, I can't find any references to aac_latm_decoder
>> anywhere in the source.

Mobile 021 502 383 (Work)
Landline 09 480 6773 (AH)