[mythtvnz] occasionally i get no sound recorded

Rick Hudson rick at kpo.org.nz
Sun Jul 6 23:14:46 BST 2008

On 7/07/2008 9:53 a.m., Mark van Dijk wrote:

> Help!!  Very occasionally (once every couple of weeks or so) a show will
> be recorded without sound!  I will try to play the show later and i
> can't hear anything.  playing other shows work fine, and watching live
> TV (through MythTV) works fine, but the show itself was recorded without
> sound.
>
> The odd thing is that I was recording another show at the same time on
> the other channel, and it worked fine (sound and everything).
>
> I have a PVR-500 and am running Mythbuntu 8.04

I don't know if this is the same thing but I used to have this problem with my
PVR-250 and it turned out to be a subtle tuning problem. It seems it's
possible to tune to the nominal channel frequencies and always get a good
picture but occasionally it won't pick up the sound carrier. Sometimes the
sound would chime in part way through the recording, sometimes not at all.

What I did was find out the actual frequencies of the channels and tweak them
in steps of 50 kHz or so. I think you can also tell myth to use the nominal
frquency by its channel number then fine tune it from there.

--
Rick Hudson
http://www.kpo.org.nz/                                        rick at kpo.org.nz