[mythtvnz] updating ffmpeg

carey at zestgroup.com carey at zestgroup.com
Sat Jul 5 01:39:21 BST 2008

Hi All,

I thought  I would have a tinker with patches described here

http://pkendall.homeip.net/?page_id=8

But I'm not sure the best way to "update" the ffmpeg in mythtv

The problem seems to be that certain parts of the patches seem append
a new copy of the file to the existing file.
ie some files update and others you need to remove the contents of
first - that doesn't seem right so I guess I am doing something wrong.

eg Could someone provide some help with step 2, or what the process really is?
1. checkout revision 14055 of ffmpeg
2 ?? copy libavutil etc over? export over? copy some files? remove some files?
3 apply patches

Thanks

Carey