[mythtvnz] MythTV Status in your MOTD (and email) - Version 0.7.0

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Thu Jan 31 00:22:27 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 13:12 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 12:52 PM, Andrew Ruthven <andrew at etc.gen.nz> wrote:
> > Hmmm, that is a bit odd.  And it looks like you're running version
> > 0.7.1.  Do you have the perl API installed?
>
> possibly not. Is it standard in knoppmyth (debian based). Where do I
> look to find out?

Ah, you see, that answer varies.  :)

Try doing:

  find /usr -name MythTV.pm

And hopefully you'll find it within the perl directories somewhere.  If
not, then it might be an extra package you need to install.  In Debian
it used to be called mythtv-perl, but more recently it has become
libmythtv-perl (which is the correct package name).  I'm not sure what
it'll be called in knoppmyth.

Cheers!