[mythtvnz] Damages and archiving

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Wed Jan 30 22:35:48 GMT 2008

Criggie wrote:

> Its no consolation, but the same would have happened with video tape too.

Yeah thats how I explained it to my wife. =)

While I'm posting an email.  I've been wondering what people do about
archiving shows off.  Do people have cool auto transcoding jobs set up
etc?  Or do people just leave them where they are and archive to DVD if
they really want to save it.

It occurs to me that there are some things which I wouldn't mind having
around, but xvid would save a lot more space than mpeg2.

So come on - regale me with your tricky auto-archiving stories =)

Dean