[mythtvnz] Channel Icons and Mythfilldatabase

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Jan 28 10:05:51 GMT 2008

Duncan Kennington wrote:
> Hi all (Hads in particular).. :-)
>
> I have been setting up a new mythbox (well the old one after a hard
> drive failure) and am up to importing listings.  I am using epgsnoop
> (snapshot 18) which is causing mythfilldatabase to try to download
> icons from
> http://nice.net.nz/epg/icons/ and failing with a 404 not found error
> on each one.
>
> I can get my own icons if needed but how do I stop it from hitting the
> net every time I run mythfilldatabase?  There was a period that the
> myth machine wasn't connected to the net and the listings import was
> stalling on the channel loading, and the script I had at the time (I
> have changed it now) was not killing dvbtune until after the import,
> effectively locking up the DVB card and causing the WAF to drop! :(
>
> Duncan

In the epgsnoop.conf file is an option to turn off the icons in the
XMLTV file. Set

[XMLTV}
show_icons: false

That stops epgsnoop from putting the icon URL at the top of the output
XML file (in the <channel> section).

Or you could change the icon_url_base to wherever you have a set of
icons located...

  - Wade