[mythtvnz] USB Skystar Remote

Cameron McConnochie cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:58:43 GMT 2008

Hmmm.... I wonder what's different with my setup then.

I just found MCE remotes are only $49inc from PB Tech so I'll pick one up on
my way home.  I've already spent 3+ hours stuffing about with it, $49 is
cheaper than more of my time.  Plus I've only heard good things about them -
apart for the whole Microsoft thing :-).

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Cameron

On 22/01/2008, Ashley Kirk <ash at pcx.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi Cameron, I just plugged in the USB dongle and it worked.. sorry! I
> tried
> the soldering trick (which was easy) but had difficulty with the LIRC
> config
> so went back to the USB way. I didnt have a remote selected in Myth setup
> and it just worked.. tried a different USB port etc? It isnt a great
> remote
> and Im thinking of getting an MCE too....
>
> Ash
>

> I'm protected by SpamBrave
> http://www.spambrave.com/

Cameron McConnochie
MSN: cams at free.net.nz

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."