[mythtvnz] Seven (au) not being scanned by mythtv

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Jan 14 03:35:15 GMT 2008

On Mon, January 14, 2008 3:00 pm, Craig Whitmore wrote:

>> Currently, I can grab the seven stream as follows:
>>
>> dvbstream -f 1887 -s 5100 -p v 625 626 627 -o > seven
>>
>> and it's glitchy but watchable. However, trying to add the transponder
>> in
>> mythtv and scanning it results in finding the kordia transponder (and
>> messing up my existing channels).
>
> Do you mean 7 on Optus on C1? (Aurora Encrypted Channels). If you are
> getting Kordia then you I presume are not setting Tone to swap between D1
> and C1 on the LNB? (Or I may be completely wrong)

As your LNB LO is 10750 then 10750 + 1887 = 12637 which is the Souther
Cross Central transponder on Optus D1.

Problem is since the recent article in the Herald that transmission has
been replaced with a test card so you won't be able to watch much anyway.

The problem with tuning under MythTV is that MythTV updates the dtv
multiplex information based on the information provided by the
transmission. In the case of SC7 the information is structured for DVB-T
rather than DVB-S. Hence after performing a scan using

12637000 5100000 Vertical

You will need to manually modify the correct entry in the DVB multiplex
table.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz