[mythtvnz] Sudden aspect ratio problems

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:06:18 GMT 2008

Despite everything working fine up until recently I am suddenly having
aspect ratio problems.

1. I run a 16:9 monitor at 1024x768 via VGA.

2. I am getting my tv from freeview via skystar cards.

3. In Settings|Setup|Appearance|Video Mode Settings I have the GUI and
the Video Output set to 1024x768 and 16:9.

When I first boot live TV and recorded TV both appear squashed into a
4:3 frame with vertical bars down each side. So everyone is too thin.

However if I run through the Settings|Setup|Appearance settings,
changing nothing, and hit finish at the end then everything starts to
be thin with bands at the top and bottom instead of at the sides, so
everyone is short. A reboot gets it back to everything being thin.

This is driving me crazy, and just seems to have started in the last
few days. No settings have been changed.