[mythtvnz] mythtv irblasting woes

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Tue Jan 1 22:27:10 GMT 2008

On 02/01/2008, Mark Addy <mark.addy at mac.com> wrote:
> thanks so much for your reply and help.

No probs. I've had heaps of help from this list myself.

> I changed the delay but still the sky box still doesnt pick anything up.

One thing to note (according to a website I read yesterday), the
transmission distance of the mceusb transmitter is less than 2 cm, so
make sure the sender is pretty close to the sky box (I've done the
selotape ir blaster to the box job :-)

> I think my problem is that i have no motorola codes in my lircd.conf.
> All i've got is the mceusb detail.

APPEND the contents of this file to your lircd.conf file
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pace/RC-30

> I tried irrecord but no luck :(  said it was in use.  When i managed
> to try and terminate it - it said i didnt have permissions.
>
> can anybody send me their lirc file so that i can copy paste.

See above. I have the pvr-150 (not the mceusb remote), so my
lircd.conf is different than yours.

> thanks in advance
>
> i own the standard black sky nz motorola box DTH335-4 - it's about 2
> years old.

  -- simon