[mythtvnz] DVB-T in NZ

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Feb 21 11:05:32 GMT 2008

On Thu, February 21, 2008 10:01 pm, Craig Whitmore wrote:
> I updated to the latest SVN and I can get Video and Audio, but with a few
> problems.

Nice to hear

> Still the MBAFF/Interlace problem which crashes mythtv at random places
> and blocks etc, but I can get audio (just) now.

Do you get audio on TVNZ 6 and Maori

> I cannot remember what channels I was watching but some seems to be 2
> channel MP3 and some is 2 channel AC3.  (or was this cause I set mythtv to
> have max 2 hannels)
>
> The problem is the video stalls all the time and you get lots of
> "Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not implemented" problems so
> the sound comes and goes and you get lots of "WriteAudio: buffer underrun"
> error messages.  You have to turn off the extra audio buffering (or was it
> on) to get the audio to actually start or you get "Prebuffer wait timed
> out 10 times. NVP: Disabling Audio, params(0,-1,-1)" error messages.

Oh the joys of this still being in test phase.

TV 1 + TV 2 keep turning on and off AC3 streams. These are full 5.1
according to my amp.

The rest of the channels are HE-AAC except for one of the versions of TVNZ
Sports Extra which is still MP2.

So Craig - What spec CPU are you running, and are TV One and TV 2 playing
back OK for video?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz