[mythtvnz] What DVB-T cards are people using in NZ?

Kenneth Dixon ken.dixon at clear.net.nz
Tue Feb 12 19:22:25 GMT 2008

Ah, sorry for the confusion, I will try and clear things up:

-Looks like a lot of the DVB-T tuner cards are up and
running on Linux/Mythtv, if not out of the box yet.

-The issues with video relate to interlaced video streams,
specifically the use of PAFF interlacing, the TV1 and TV2
DVB-T streams are progressive so you shouldn't have any
problems watching these. I'm not sure of the status of the
PAFF de-interlacing, but I think it is being worked on by
the mplayer/ffmpeg team.

-I am unsure of the audio status, but i think it is doable
via a patch.

Basically if you have a spare PCI slot / USB port, you could
get a DVB-T tuner and get TV1 and TV2 as another source on
mythtv currently, then wait for the rest of the software to
catch up.

----- Original Message Follows -----

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI