[mythtvnz] CPU Usage on Sony HD demo channels on DVB-T Channels on Linux/Mythtv

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Sat Feb 9 10:50:59 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Ellis" <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] CPU Usage on Sony HD demo channels on DVB-T Channels
on Linux/Mythtv

> On Sat, February 9, 2008 7:46 pm, Craig Whitmore wrote:
>>

>>> The two 720p test channels look awesome on my 2407WFP display. Doing
>>> about
>>> 80% of a single core, and minimal AAC audio issues
>>

>> I have a 50" Sony LCD.. The Sony Demos looked great.

I updated to the latest SVN and get a little better results with mythtv. I
can watch some of the SD channels now for quite a while before they crash
mythtv. The 720p test loops still play at 100% CPU (even with XvMC) no
better abd the 1080p Video crashes completely (maybe it just uses too much
CPU to start). Linux drivers have MPEG1/2 accelleration in XVMC) but no H264
acceleration in linux drivers yet.

Thanks