[mythtvnz] Replacing hard disk in mythbuntu

Phil Heath phil.heath at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 3 04:42:11 GMT 2008

Hi there

I'm running mythbuntu, and I have two hard disks, one small one for the system etc, and one large one to hold all the recordings etc mounted on /var/lib/mythtv.

the large one has failed, and I'm trying to replace it with a new one, but I need a bit of help.

I've installed the drive, run fdisk, and created a new xfs partition on the new drive, but running mount -a doesn't work because of the wrong UUID.

Do I have to create the 'recordings' directory by hand and edit the fstab manually as well?

I'd appreciate a walk through from one of the many Linux gurus I've seen on this reflector!

thanks

Phil